Friday, January 2, 2009

Day One relived

Coffee, how I love thee, we shall be together again darling, don't you worry. Until we are united I will think fondly of you, obsessively, every minute, every time I drive by a coffee shop, every time I leave my house. Even when I'm drinking coffee I made myself I will pine for the day I can drive through a sacred house of beans and have an adorably cute and insufferably perky young girl ask me if I want whipped cream on my non-fat mocha (no, I do not). Mmmmm, I likee coffee. Yesterday was tough for me, it was the first day of our self imposed vow of poverty and although I'm really excited for this experience, I had a really hard time with the no coffee thing. It is more of a habit than a need, but it's definitely a want. I'm going to pick up some espresso beans at the grocery store today so hopefully that will help curb the desire for store bought drinks. I've been using folgers (I KNOW, jeesh, will you all just stop laughing at me? It was left over from an event we had and who am I to turn down a whole can of free coffee?) anyway, I've been using regular coffee to try to make my home grown mocha, it's definitely not the same. I'm going to go on Freecycle.org later to see if anyone is giving away an espresso machine (it could happen!). Greg had it easy, he came home in the morning, went to bed and slep until it was time to go to work again, so there was no temptation there. Hopefully today he'll feel some pain so I can point and laugh at him.

Well, that's it, nothing too eventful, once school and the kids' activities start up again, I'm sure I'll be crying because I like that coffee on the go. Who can watch ballet, tap, jazz and hip hop four times a week without a little java chaser? Thank you Scott and Janine for the thermose you gave Greg seven or so years ago, that is going to be my new besty, it's not going to leave my side and will be filled with my sanity juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment