Friday, November 23, 2012

Treading water

Happy Thanksgiving!! We cheated a little this year and celebrated turkey day last Sunday because Greg had to work today and we didn't want to have it without him. The great thing about that was, for the very first time in my life, we actually had a relaxing and great Thanksgiving meal with my parents because it was just us and them, no chaos and days of preparation, it was AWESOME!! Most of you who know me know I HATE Thanksgiving because it's always so stressful and my family was very dysfunctional and I hated being forced to be around them when I was younger. So this year was a great relief. So like a good Weight Watchers Devotee I loaded my plate with veggies and a small scoop of potatoes and stuffing. I ate the veggies first and then went to splurge on the stuffing and I was too full!!! Dag nab it, I couldn't even eat my stuffing and mashed potatoes :( I was super PO'd to say the least. Oh well, I at least I didn't over eat and feel bad about myself. I only had a little bite of Emma's Pumpkin Pie and chocolate torte so it was a good day for my healthy eating.

More good news, at my weigh in on Monday (in my bathroom) I have lost a total of 13 pounds so far! Yay me :) I had my ups and downs last week, my job situation is horrible, have you ever felt like everyone in a group is against you and you're just trying to keep your head above water? That's what it's like at work. A co-worker came back from maternity leave and has targeted me for some reason and is making my life a living hell. Of course she's the office favorite so I can't go to the boss because she's believed everything this woman has said about me and has spoken to me twice about things this woman has said about me and believed them. Yeah, it's awesome. Anywho, I was letting that get me down and not following my eating plan as well as I had been before she came back and I was nervous that I had put on a bunch of weight, but at my weigh in I had still lost weight so I just have to get back on track. So after much praying and job rejections I came to the conclusion that my job right now is just my karma for not always being nice to people and when the time is right for me I'll get responses to the applications I keep filling out. I also concluded that this woman does not define my job or how I am doing my job so I'm just going to do what's the best for my patients and make them happy. I'm also not working for her, I'm working for my family and to keep my kids fed and happy so she can stuff it up her nose. I had a good time the three days I worked this week because I did nothing the evil woman at work could complain about and I could tell she was getting pissed. She kept trying to find an error in my work but I just smiled and explained what I was doing and told her I would be more than happy to do it differently if she wanted, I was just doing things the way she trained me to. If course she couldn't find anything wrong so she was in a pissy mood, muwahahaha.

So on this Thanksgiving day I'm going to say that I'm thankful I have a job; that I'm finally getting healthy; that I have friends who care enough to read about my journey to getting healthy; that my family are all healthy and that I can say a prayer and have it answered in a way that I can understand and apply to my life. I'm also thankful that we're lucky enough to be able to go to Florida for 10 fun filled days!

I'm going to be leaving on the aforementioned trip on Sunday so I won't be checking back in until we get back as I won't be bringing my laptop with me. I'll just need everyone to send positive energy and thoughts out to the universe that I can resist the many temptations of the sweet shops and restaurants we'll be surrounded by. My goal is to at least maintain my current weight loss. So thanks for reading and I hope you have a great couple of weeks, I know I will!!!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Kill 'em with kindness, that's what Aaron always says! It can be oddly satisfying. Hang in there! And I bet you lose weight on your trip, what with all the walking!

    ReplyDelete