Thursday, March 12, 2009

New Sven

Howdy y'all, I thought you might be interested to hear that I have a new Sven. I worked out with him for the fist time yesterday and his style is much more reserved and subtle. New Sven and I are working on a plan of attack for me to still be able to work out after I have my surgery. That's right, it's official, I have a date for surgery!!!! May 19th will henceforth be known as the day of the Crack Heard 'Round The World! That is the day they will break my foot, carve off the unwanted bone growth and screw it back together, all while I will be blissfully under some wonderful sedatives and pain killers (oh happy day!). So New Sven was showing me some exercises I can do that do not involve me standing at all. These moves are called pilates children and they were created by people called Satan Worshipers, can you all say that? Satan Worshipers, very good. New Sven had me on the ground doing some very innocent seeming moves and while I was doing them I could definitely feel the burn, but I wasn't at puking point or anything like Old Sven had me at. Well today I am sore in muscles I didn't even know still housed themselves in my body. Did you know that I still have stomach muscles under all my fluff? It's TRUE! I KNOW, I was shocked to find that out too! I'm not, sit in the chair and cry because I hurt so bad, but I definitely feel like I did some work. I like this style much better, I feel like after I have a workout the Old Sven way I need two days off to recuperate, but New Sven has made me feel tender, but not in pain so I can still do the exercises today. Three cheers for New Sven! Chip chips, AHOY! Chip chips, AHOY! Chip chips, AHOY! So now the plan is to make my back strong like bull so all my sitting around after the surgery doesn't make me a weak backed wussy girl. New Sven also said he wants to take a picture of me to use as inspiration to other people. Do you think it's normal for him to want me to be naked lying on an aerobic ball with only sweat socks on? OHHHHHH MY LORD, I'm dying with laughter right now, just that image is so funny and frightening to me I don't know whether to laugh or cry! Oh man, I really do crack my own nonsense UP! OK, the picture part is true, but not the naked part (just in case some of you sickos thought I was serious, you perverts, you know who you are!) So I'm back on track with the gym and although I may have hurt Old Sven's feelings, I just think New Sven is the man for me.

Confession time.....Greg bought an air filter machiney thingy, it's was muy expensivo, but darn it all if it's not the greatest thing ever! It turns out that all the sickness I've had over the last few months is mostly because of all the pet dander and dust that was in the house. I feel 1,0000 times better, so I'm now classifying the machine as a NEED. We also bought (I know, we suck at not buying things) a food vacume packer machine. I bought a big ball of turkey at Costco and we sliced it up (YES, we bought a meat slicer too, shhhhhh!), anywho, we didn't want the turkey to go bad so we vacume packed it up and froze a bunch of it. I'll have you know that turkey costs $8.99/lb on average and Greg goes through at least four pounds a month (he's a Turkey eatin' fool!), so if you add up the savings on buying in bulk and storing it, it pays for itself really. Hehe, heehe (akward laughter). In total between the two machines we paid about $160, that's only about 4-5 months worth of deli bought turkey and these things are for life!

Don't you all see how I've changed? By now I would have bought tons of needless, home decorating items and purses and shoes, etc... but now I'm making informed, thoughtful decisions on how to spend our money.

As one last item I would like to give a very warm and heart felt shout out to my very dear and thoughtful friend Sharon. Sharon sent me a very kind gift of a Target gift card to spend as I see fit on MYSELF as a congrats on making it two months. Sharon, I'm sorry I had to say thanks this way, for some reason I can't get through on your cell phone. I know I should email you too, and I will, but I just wanted everyone to know how thoughtful you are. I don't know if you heard the faint sound of whooping and hollerin' on Saturday, but that was me at the mail box! You RULE the school! I have to buy an exercise thing for home and now I have some extra $$$ to lay down for it, hurray! Although I did spy a big tea jug with a spout that I likee very much!

I'll talk to you all soon, have a happy St. Paddy's day!!!

xoxox

2 comments:

  1. FYI Sharon is in Costa Rica, yes, some people do still get to take vacations. That is why her phone is out of commish. I'm spending my weekends working at the Sharon-ton while she's gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sabrina, you're very welcome. I'm so proud of you! I'm back in town now so give me a jingle when you have a chance. Hugs, hugs, hugs! Can't wait to your summer visit to the Sharon-ton.

    ReplyDelete