Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My year so far....

Happy New Year everyone! I'd like to start this post off with a bit of advice that will be very good to remember. Always save your work!!! I just wrote a very wordy & humorous post & lost it at the very end!!!! I'm going to do the best I can to recreate my previous work of genius, but I'm a little irked & trying to find the funny again. So here it goes, the first funny entry of the year...

Once upon a time there was a very calm & level headed woman named Sabrina (come on, it's in fairy tale form!) who was known for her peaceful nature. It was two days after Christmas and Sabrina & her family were going to see Avatar after church. My mom was going to the theater early to wait in line then we were going to meet here there when we got out. We were feeling lots of peace & love in our hearts as we drove to the theater to see the totally awesome movie. Greg took the girls inside to meet up w/my mom & I waited in line to get my coffee (give me a break, we were running late & I need my fix!). As I was headed toward the theater Greg came out looking irked & told me that the guy sitting in front of my mom & Emma might be a jerk. He had yelled at another guy in the theater when his phone rang & he gave Greg a dirty look when he saw that he was toting three kids with him. Even though I was filled with peace & love, I was also feeling a little bit of tension because NOBODY glares at MY man. I went into the theater & sized the guy up and just waited for him to say something. In my mom's infinite wisdom, she has taken to buying the big tub-o-corn & I bring paper bags & we fill them w/corn for the kids so we don't have to pass the tub back & forth. As my mom was filling a bag for Mia, the mean guy whipped his head around & yelled "Can I get some QUIET here?!" Let me begin by telling that it was literally one hour before the movie was due to begin, there was NOThING on the screen yet and NOBODY, I mean NOBODY talk to MY mom like that. I swear I know how the incredible hulk feels because I moved forward in my seat & screamed "IT'S AN HOUR BEFORE THE MOVIE STARTS SIR!!!!!!!!!!!" My reacting was probably way over the top, but I was waiting for him & I was PISSED! Then he screamed "I DON'T GIVE A F**K!" I lost my mind and screamed "YOU WATCH YOUR MOUTH!!" at this point the rest of the theater was backing me up by telling the guy to shut up. I was shaking I was so angry then I said "you're going to see an ANIMATED film, you have to expect that people are going to bring their kids!!!" (so it's only mostly animated, I needed to make my point). I waited for him to say something else because I was gonna jump on him (I literally wanted to punch his face) but his companions smartly told him to calm down. I sat there shaking & fuming, then Greg walked into the theater. Yeah, he had missed it!!! I told him what happened & I thought Greg was gonna clock the guy, but he didn't say a work to him, he just sat there staring daggers into the back of his head waiting for another comment & shaking. My mom then got up & told the theater workers what the guy had said & they were keeping an eye on him. After a bit the guy & his wife got up & left the theater, I hoped for good. Emma started crying because she thought he was gonna punch me or my mom so I went over to her & told her that just because he behaved like that doesn't make him a bad person. He could have been having a bad day and made the wrong choice to be mean. I told her to just try to feel bad for him because even though he was coming to the movies for enjoyment, he couldn't even relax a little bit & how sad that must be for him. So she was calmed down a little bit when the man walked back in. He then proved my words to Emma correct when he apologized to my mom & said he was ashamed of the way he behaved. He reeked of booze, so he was probably drunk originally & needed to refresh his buzz to calm down. At least he realized he was wrong & restored Emma's faith in humanity & made me look like I knew what I was talking about.

OK, you're probably sitting there going, where's the funny? Here it is...Nobody else in the theater knew Greg had warned me about this guy's behavior, including my mom. So when I freaked out at him I KNOW I must have looked like a crazy woman. I was spitting while I screamed (not yelled SCREAMED). I was out of control and I'm sure I looked like it! My mom was looking at me like I had gone crazy. The whole theater went silent as I let loose until the guy dropped the F bomb. I felt like the insane person who wanders the subway screaming at everyone & I was totally red faced. I'm not one for confrontation, I don't like it, but on the rare occasion when I get worked up, I LOSE it. I'm glad Greg wasn't there because he would have died. Emma thinks it's funny because she said I just flipped & thought I was gonna get up & charge the man. If I had been at a club, I would have been the one to get kicked out. This is what happens when a soccer mom gets pushed to the edge. I also get this way at Chuck E. Cheese when other kids push my babies, Greg won't go with me anymore because it embarrasses him. I'm not afraid to tell some other kid off if he's bullying my child! I need to get a punching bag to get my aggression out, I just get blind with fury when someone is threatening my family! What? What's that you're thinking? You thought WHAT about my momma? I KNOW you're not thinking smack about MY momma!!>>>> Just kidding, anyway, that's the big story of the moment, not my proudest moment, but at least my family knows that I'm willing to get my butt kicked for them!
Oh hey, I'm taking my state exam on monday the 11th, so send those positive thoughts my way!! I'll let you know what happens.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Sabrina:
    I am so proud of you! Good for you for setting that horrible drunk straight and live to tell about it. You definitely brightened my day. Now can you go tell some of my customers how stupid their process and contracts are? :-)

    Cheers!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete