Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sabotage!

Sabotage is afoot at the Lewis house! OK, so I started writing a post that I thought was entertaining and clever, but apparently my computer got sick of my whining and shut down mid post for no reason at all. SOOOOO I'm gonna get real. I was going to blame my lack of will power for the sabotage that's occurring in my eating lifestyle, but who's really in charge of me? I AM!! Oh my GLOB, that means that I'm sabotaging myself! Who said my intermittent years in therapy didn't pay off? Even though I've been pretty good at making the right choices in what I eat, I still need to work on limiting the servings and also snacking late at night. I think I need to use the technique those super skinny, stick thin people use when they want to stop eating. They either pour water or salt on the food to make it unpalatable. But the poor FOOD, it doesn't deserve that kind of humiliation. Maybe I should adopt the boring food for survival only ideal. OK, that's not realistic. So I guess the only solution is to drink more, eat less (no Kim, I don't mean more alcohol!). If I drink two full glasses of water before each meal then I will eat less. This will be the first phase of my kick will power's butt plan. Phase two will be more of an alcoholics anonymous type of attitude of one day at a time. I start to look too far into the future instead of focusing on each day. I need to do the same for exercise because I've slacked off on that too (again).
All this is being written as I sit here with a belly ache from too many 5 guys fries. Just because I get a splurge once a week doesn't mean I need to gorge myself, right? Hells yes! So off to the backyard I go to watch the kids play in the hot tub while I moan with fullness. Tomorrow starts a new day of making good choices and drinking my way to a healthier me. Hahaha, that's the Lewis family motto!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Are you talkin to me?
    Your two glasses of water plan sounds doable! I think I'll try that too.

    ReplyDelete