Thursday, September 27, 2012

My big debut

Oh man you guys, this is the big test. I told my coworker Toni that I would meet her at LA Fitness on Saturday and take the aerobics class with her! I'm FREAKING out! I know you think I exaggerate how I look while working out, but that is one thing I don't do justice to. I'm being totally serious when I say that I turn bright red and start gasping for air like a fish on the floor. So I warned Toni that she might get a little embarrassed and I understand if she pretends she doesn't know me once I start my out of rhythm two stepping and flailing. I'm excited and full of dread at the same time. She even suggested we do Zumba together, but I'm afraid we all know what that means. I told her to slow down her horses, let's just get through this one class first before you decide you want to be seen exercising with me. So Toni told me the class starts at 8:45am (yes, I said AM!), and she told me to get there at 8:15 and we can run on the treadmill "for a minute". Um, pardon me, I'm not trying to be rude here, but is that not 30minutes? Hmmm? There's a big difference between "a minute" and 30 MINUTES! If I "run" for "a minute" I'm gonna be donezo, ready to be outsky if you know what I mean. For a fat person, or should I rephrase that to an actively shrinking person, 30 minutes of running is equivalent to a fit person climbing Mt. Everest. Are you picking up what I'm laying down? Give me "a minute" to get acclimated to an active lifestyle again woman! So my first exercise video shall be taped tomorrow night as I try to prepare for my big aerobics in public debut.

Now on to the exciting news.......after my first week on Weight Watchers I have lost 2 pounds (that's fully clothed w/shoes on too, so maybe it's more like 4pounds)! Yay me! I can only imagine how much faster it will come off once I'm exercising regularly. Woot, woot! I really must tell you that I'm enjoying Weight Watchers (no, they're not paying me to say that. In fact, I'm paying THEM!) it makes life a whole lot easier and I just keep a log of what I eat using their handy app! The only bad thing is I just found out that my beloved Coffee Mate Pumpkin Spice creamer has the same amount of points in 4 tablespoons as a bowl of cereal with milk! Psst, that's a lot for those of you not in the know, it's the same as my breakfast. I'm very sad but I have to switch to a less delicious flavor that's fat free and other healthier things. Cuz even thought I get a lot of points now, due to my weight, as I lose it I will get less points and I ain't wasting them on 4 measly tablespoons of creamer!

Alright, I'm gonna leave you with this one funny work story. Yesterday I was working with a resident who is a very young, very good looking boy (26 years old). My coworker roomed one of his patients and told him she was ready for him to go in the room. A few minutes later we hear him exclaim "Oh MY! Wow, um OK." as he entered the room then he closed the door. After 30 minutes in the room he came out and asked my coworker "Did you tell that woman to take her pants off?" my coworker said "Dude, no way, why would I tell her to do that?" then she said "wait, were her pants off?" He said yes, she was completely nude from the waist down. The funny part is that she was there for shortness of breath and heart palpitations, nothing that would require him to need to see her schmuzzie! She told the nurse that she thought the doctor was hot! Who does stuff like that?!

Have a great day/night/morning/whatever :)

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Schmuzzie! Oh you kill me Sabrina!!

    PS- congrats on the weight loss! YAY!

    ReplyDelete